Entry details for 2019
CIVILIAN ENTRIES FOR THE HALF MARATHON NOW FULL
JUNIOR MINI MILE ENTRIES ARE NOW FULL
MILITARY ENTRIES ARE NOW FULL
England Athletics Age Group Masters Qualification Information
Wheelchair Event – cancelled
- We are hoping to host a wheelchair/handbike event at the ASICS Fleet Half Marathon. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express an interest.
Sadly we have received no interest in the wheelchair event and so this has now been cancelled for 2019
2019 TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
The 2019 Fleet Half Marathon and Junior Fun Run is organised and administered by Fleet & Crookham Athletic Club (Registered Charity number 1156704) – the ” Event Organisers”. By entering the race you agree to abide by the Terms & Conditions of Entry and any race instructions given to you by the organisers and nominated officials/marshals of the event.
For the Junior Fun Run it is the child’s parent/guardian’s responsibility to read/understand and agree to these T&C’s on behalf of their child/minor they are responsible for.
- By entering the race you agree to accept these terms and conditions and abide by the rules of UK Athletics uka.org.uk/competitions/rules/
- By entering the race you agree that the Event Organisers may publish your personal information – this may include but not limited to name/club/age group/finish time as part of the results of the event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences and for publishing results for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events e.g. The Power of 10.
- By entering the race you give permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of the event.
- Age Limit: Participants in the half marathon event must be 17 or over on the race day (as per UKA rules). Entrants who are 17 years of age will require permission of parent/guardian to enter as part of their online entry process.
- Personal Health: You understand that participating in this event is something which needs to be trained for. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of running a half marathon distance. All participants are strongly advised to consult with their doctor prior to undertaking any exercise programme.
- Medical Details: By entering this event you agree to complete personal and medical information on the back of your race number and that this information can be passed to and used by the medical teams operating on the day.
- Change of personal details: Should your postal address, email address or telephone number change after you have entered the race, you must contact the organisers. You can amend your entry online via FR Systems using the reference code you were sent when you entered the race.
- Number Switching: You must not under any circumstances give your race number to anyone else (with the exception of points 2 and 3 under the Entry Fee Refunds/Exchanges section below). Amongst other potential problems, doing so may cause problems of identification for the event medical services in the case of accident or another medical condition/emergency.
- Time Limit – This event has a strict 3 hour time limit due to the use of the public roads and the imposed limit on the road closure duration. The future of the race is at risk if we do not abide by the timing rule.
- Other modes of transport/pets: For reasons of safety, no wheelchairs/hand-cycles**, bicycles, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, pushchairs/buggies, stilts, dogs or other pets are allowed to participate or accompany runners, except for registered guide dogs. Please advise if you are a partially sighted runner and will be running with a guide. (**We are looking at the possibility of a wheelchair event and this rule will change if we are able to organise it)
- Finisher gifts: Only finishers will receive a medal and other finisher gifts. Please do not ask for more than one as this may deny another finisher from receiving theirs.
- Data Protection: The Fleet Half Marathon complies with the Data Protection Act 1988 and you have the right of access to your personal records held on our or our entry administrator’s computer system. If you do not want your name made available to our sponsors, please tick the box on the entry form.
- Applications will be accepted up to the 17th February 2019 unless the entry limit is reached earlier – we advise early entry as we are normally full by mid-January. Race numbers will be sent out approx. 14 days before the race
ENTRY FEE REFUNDS/EXCHANGES
- Entry Fees: We start incurring costs early in the event organisation process including an online entry administration fee. If your entry is accepted, the following rules apply:
- Once your race entry is accepted we are unable to make refunds.
- Up to 28/02/19 numbers can be transferred to a substitute runner online by the person who made the original booking via their account with FR Systems (see original email from your entry acceptance). An affiliated runner’s place may only be transferred to another affiliated runner. UKA affiliation will be verified during the online entry process. Numbers are sent out from 01/03/19.
- From 01/03/19 to 12/03/19 online number transfers can be made but the runner number will not be re-issued and it is the responsibility of the original runner to update the online entry held by FR Systems (see original email from entry acceptance) and pass their race number to the new runner. Note: the number will show the name of the original runner – no new number will be issued – you can cover the original name if you wish to.
- Once numbers are issued they cannot be swapped between sexes as female numbers begin with an F.
- Unauthorised number swaps may result in disqualification.
- Cancellation: We reserve the right to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances outside of our control e.g. severe weather making it unsafe to hold the event. In such a case we will endeavour to inform participants as quickly as possible. If this decision is made, no refund of entry fee will be made as most of the costs are incurred before the race and are not refundable. In the unlikely event of the cancellation/postponement for whatever reason, the Event Organisers cannot be held responsible in any way for any monetary loss, inconvenience or any other circumstances outside of our control, including non-refundable events fees.
USING HEADPHONES WHILST RUNNING
The use of personal stereos, iPods, phones or other music devises is not allowed under UKA rule 240 S5 – the wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic. There are some sections on the Fleet Half course which do have traffic coming in the opposite direction to runners and is therefore not wholly closed.
- The wearing of such equipment may prevent you from hearing instructions from marshals and other event staff as well as the hearing of sirens/horns from emergency services and other vehicles. By wearing such devices you are putting yourself and those around you at risk.
- Rule 240 S5 also states if the athlete wears conductive headphones, these are acceptable as these work by conducting sound through bones and do not sit or block the ears.
- The Event Organisers will have no responsibility should this rule be ignored. Please do not risk our ability to get a future license for this event by ignoring this rule.
- Runners seen to be wearing headphones may be disqualified but the Event Organisers
- Only juniors aged 8 to 16 can take part in the Junior Mini Mile Fun Run – parents can run with their children if they wish but only the junior runner will receive the t-shirt and medal.
- The Junior Fun Runners should be capable of running the distance and must follow all instructions given to them on the day.
- The Junior Fun Run will be run over part of the half marathon course on closed roads and there will be escort runners on the route.
Participants accept that endurance running should only be undertaken by persons who have undertaken a training regime. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of running a half marathon distance and to seek appropriate medical advice prior to participation. Participation in the event is entirely at your own risk and that by entering, participants acknowledge that the Event Organisers, Officials or Marshals shall not be liable for death, injury, loss or damage arising from participation in the event save to the extent that is caused by our negligence.