If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.
The original “pre-London” half marathon
(including our Junior Mini-Mile event)
Fleet Half Marathon 21st March 2021
Note: There will be very limited new places available for the 2021 Fleet Half Marathon.
This is because the 2020 event was cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic and most runners chose to defer their place to 2021.
Approximately 500 places will be available towards the end of the year – the earliest these will open will be mid-October. When the entries are open it will be announced via social media and this website. We will be fully updating this website over the next few months.
We are continuing to monitor the advice from our Governing Body England Athletics to assess what changes need to be made to mass participation events going forward.
Since the first event in 1982, thousands of runners have completed the race and the race has become the highlight of the year’s sporting calendar in Fleet and the surrounding area. Organised by Fleet & Crookham AC – we are all runners ourselves and volunteer to organise grass roots events
- A gently undulating but fast course with personal best potential
- Course is traffic-free
- An ideal build-up to the London or other spring marathons
- Pace Makers for 1:30, 1:40, 1:50; 2:00; 2:10 and 2:20 finish times
- Junior Mini Mile for 8-16 year olds – starting at 10.45am
- Well-marshalled route – over 150 cheering you on your way
- ChampionChip Timing gives you a personal time
- Professional medical support
- Professional race photography by RandR Photos Ltd
- Experienced organising team, we are all runners too
- Major benefit for national and local charities
- Great local support on the route
- An opportunity to volunteer and support a local event even if you don’t run it
- Founder member of the British Association of Road Races
- UK Athletics licence – (1/2m) 2020-38081 (fun run) 2020-38082
New for 2020:
- NEW – primary race partner – Homebase
- NEW – England Athletics Masters versus Celtic Match
- NEW – race partner – RacedCoaching – event training plans
- NEW – nominated charity – Scotty’s Little Soldiers
- NEW – race partner – Fordies handcrafted gourmet brownies
- NEW – race partner – Shower-in-a-Can
Race Partners for 2020:
Alton Sports, Everyone Active, BMW Barons Farnborough, Mackenzie Smith Estate Agents, The Snowboard Shop, RacedCoaching, iTab, Fordies, Shower-in-a-Can, RandR Photos Ltd, Scotty’s Little Soldiers – a huge thank you for all support. For further details on all of these race partners, click here.
- Quality moisture wicking event t-shirt available to buy when you enter the race
- Medal, goody bag and other gift for all finishers
- Free T-shirt and medal for junior mini mile runners
Fleet & Crookham AC Registered Charity 1156074
Helping to raise funds for the promotion of community participation in healthy recreation and the provision of facilities and coaching for all running/athletics disciplines in the Fleet area.