COVID Race Entry Guarantee
In the changing times we have all experienced since the start of the Covid pandemic, we all need some peace of mind both as Organisers and Participants.
Our Covid Guarantee will provide you peace of mind when entering our event. Should our event be cancelled/postponed due to Government rules around Covid and large public events, we will have several options available to you.
Health and safety is always our top priority at all times and this now includes Covid safety. Throughout the planning for our event, we are in contact and following advice given by our National Governing Bodies (UK Athletics and England Athletics), our local Council, Emergency Services and Medical Partner. We are taking as many steps as possible to ensure the health and safety of everyone who is involved in our events – runners, volunteers and third-party contractors.
Any changes to our normal arrangements e.g. a change to kit storage facilities, a change to how the start process is operating, collection of your own medal/goody bag rather than presentation etc’, will be communicated to all runners closer to the time.
What happens to my entry if the event gets cancelled or postponed?
If the event needs to be postponed or cancelled because of changed Government Covid restrictions on mass events, we will:
- Contact you in advance to let you know
- We will automatically transfer your place to the 2024 event unless you let us know you want to take one of three further options:
- Run a virtual Fleet Half Marathon 2023 and receive a discount on your place for 2024
- Request a refund of your entry fee minus a £5 administration charge to cover the online card entry and refund processing fees incurred by our third party.
- Donate your entry fee and the proceeds will be split between the various voluntary organisations involved with the event (F&C AC, local guides, scouts and ATC units, local church groups)
- The email will allow you to select your option. If we do not hear from you within the prescribed response time period, the automatic transfer to 2024 will happen and your 2024 place will be confirmed by a further email.