- The 2017 event is now full - see who is taking part here
- Entries will be via the link on the Army Athletics website - see www.armyathletics.org. This for all military entries - Army/Navy/RAF.
Conditions of Entry
The 2017 Brooks Fleet pre-London Half Marathon is organised and administered by Fleet & Crookham Athletic Club (Registered Charity number 1156704). By entering the race you agree to abide by the Conditions of Entry and any race instructions given to you by the organisers and nominated officials/marshals of the event.
• Personal Health: You understand that participating in this event is something which needs to be trained for. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of running a half marathon distance. All participants are strongly advised to consult their doctor prior to undertaking any exercise programme.
• By entering this event, you are confirming that should you require any medical treatments during your attendance at this event, this may be administered by the event’s official medical provider.
• Medical Details: By entering this event you agree to complete personal and medical information on the back of your race number and that this information can be passed to and used by the medical teams operating on the day.
• Entry Fees: We start incurring costs early in the event organisation process, if your entry is accepted, your entry fee is not refundable under any circumstances unless the event is cancelled by the orgnisers. However up to 01/03/17, we will happily transfer your number to another nominated runner. Any such requests should be directed to the Race Director. Please note we do not operate a deferral system to the following year.
• Change of personal details: Should your postal address, email address or telephone number change after your have entered the race, you must contact the organisers. You can amend your entry online via FR Systems using the reference code you were sent when you entered the race.
• Number Switching: You must not under any circumstances give your race number to anyone else. Amongst other potential problems, doing so may cause problems of identification for the event medical services in the case of accident or another medical condition.
• Wheelchairs: Sorry this course is not suitable for wheelchair athletes due to a number of speed bumps on the run route.
• Other modes of transport/pets: For reasons of safety, no bicycles, hand cycles, roller skates, skateboards, scooters, pushchairs/buggies, stilts, dogs or other pets are allowed to participate or accompany runners, except for registered guide dogs. Please advise if your are a partially sighted runner.
• Use of image: By entering the race, you give permission for the free use of your name, voice or picture in any photographs, videotapes, motion pictures, website images, recordings or any other record of the event.
• Data Protection: The Brooks Fleet pre-London Half Marathon complies with the Data Protection Act 1988 and you have the right of access to your personal records held on our computer. If you do not want your name made available to our sponsors, please tick the box on the entry form.
• Music whilst running: The use of personal stereos, iPods, phones or other music devises is not allowed under UKA rule 240 S5 - the wearing of headphones, or similar devices, (other than those medically prescribed), is not permitted in races on any single carriageway road that is not wholly closed to traffic. There are some short sections on the Fleet Half course which do have traffic coming in the opposite direction to runners and is therefore not wholly closed. The wearing of such equipment may prevent you from hearing instructions from marshals and other event staff as well as the hearing of sirens/horns from emergency services and other vehicles. By wearing such devices you are putting yourself and those around you at risk. Rule 240 S5 also states if the athlete wears conductive headphones, these are acceptable as these work by conducting sound through bones and do not sit or block the ears. The event will have no responsibility should this rule be ignored. Please do not risk our ability to get a future license for this event by ignoring this rule.
• Finisher gifts: Only finishers will receive a medal and other finisher gifts. Please do not ask for more than one as this may deny another finisher from receiving theirs.
• Applications will be accepted up to the 19th February 2017 unless the entry limit is reached earlier – we advise early entry as we are normally full by the New Year. Race numbers will be sent out approx. 14 days before the race.
• Cancellation: We reserve the right to cancel, delay or postpone the event due to unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances outside of our control. In such a case we will endeavour to inform participants as quickly as possible. Where cancellation is outside of our control we will not be liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs, losses or damages suffered by participants.
• Time Limit: This event has a strict 3 hour time limit due to the use of the public road and the imposed limit on the road closure duration.
Disclaimer: Participants accept that endurance running should only be undertaken by persons who have undertaken a training regime. It is your responsibility to make sure you are medically fit and capable of running a half marathon distance and to seek appropriate medical advice prior to participation. Participation in the event is entirely at your own risk and that by entering, participants acknowledge that the event shall not be liable for death, injury, loss or damage arising from participation in the event save to the extent that is caused by our negligence.